So this is the blog that was supposed to post last night…but I lost it and it was WAY too involved to try to do it again!
Last night when Logan and I pulled into the driveway, there was a HUGE truck a couple houses down. That’s pretty bizarre, as we live on a court. So I was trying to figure out what it was. We walked down to get the mail and Logan was SO excited about the truck. Jabbering away, waving, doing his bendy leg “I’m so excited!” dance. We got closer and I thought it might be some sort of street sweeper thing…I wasn’t sure.
Fast forward to about an hour later, and the truck was at the corner. I was TRYING to get Logan to eat dinner, but the truck was right out the window and he was fascinated. And I continued to try to figure out what was going on…
Exhibit A…Truck. There was another picture but I decided not to use it because the ahem, maid, forgot to clean the window. Seriously, as soon as they create that 25th hour in the day, that’s the first thing on my list! Or, you know, a maid (hint, hint…oh, I give up!).
So then they start around the corner and I realize there is a man attached to the truck with a hose.
The man approaches the big landscapey (oh come on, I don’t know what it’s called!) area with the hose…
And mulch starts shooting out of the hose! I was a little flabbergasted. I really thought that they spread the mulch out of bags then raked it into the area to make it all even. Or at least a little bag with a sprayer. Well apparently that way is just WAY too complicated. And certainly less entertaining.
The funniest part was that the whole time they’re doing this there are people jogging/walking/riding bikes on that bike path right there. Now, that’s the path Logan and I always walk on. When my mom and I were on a walk with him the other day I said, “This is a test…what would you do if a scary dog came charging at you when you were alone walking with Logan?” And she gave the right answer – cover Logan with my body (way to go Grandma!). I also do the “What if someone drove up and tried to pull us into a van?” question in my head a lot (Bestie, you totally get this, I know you do!). Now apparently I have to do the “What if a giant mulch hose went crazy and was shooting mulch everywhere?”
All right, truck pictures aren’t what the grandparents are looking for! :) Here was the cutie trying to eat while all this was going on…PEAS! Yum!
And this is what happens when I say, “Do you want to talk to _____?” You can insert your name there, because he’d definitely love to talk to you! Anyway, he puts his hand up to his ear like a phone. Too cute. Those eyes, oh, those eyes…
I had my last class tonight for the math class I’ve been taking in March! And I even made it home a few minutes early to tuck in Logan. But ugh, lots of coughing so far while he’s been asleep tonight…I’m hoping that stops soon!
It is always a good idea to have a "gameplan" when going out for walks, or even at home, in case of any problems.
ReplyDeleteThose mulching trucks are cool! Have you seen the ones that spray grass seed and hay?
Logan is adorable per usual ;) He can call me anytime!
The phone thing is too much!! Love it!!
ReplyDelete