Monday, March 21, 2011

Just Us

A long time ago I said that I was going to stop worrying about what I looked like in pictures on the blog – makeup less, workout clothes, whatever. Tasha shared an article today, The Other Mothers. It summed up a lot of what I struggle with as a mom. Comparing myself to others is what I do best. And it sucks. Because there is absolutely no way to win.

So instead, I choose to show you life in my house…

IMG_3098

IMG_3097

That’s me and my favorite little boy. With my double chin, hair all a mess, tummy bigger than I’d like, workout clothes looking so glamorous. But LOOK at that smile on my face – and more importantly, on his. He could care less about any of those things, he just loves ME. And clearly, as the camera caught so well, those things don’t really matter to me either. So I’m not going to leave some pictures out of the blog because I think I look “less than.” 

You should definitely read the article – it’s pretty fabulous.  But, onto the other pretty fabulous things in my life:

IMG_3086

And you know you need to hear the little guy talking, right?

So tonight, I’m going to try to remember to let go of all of my comparing and worrying. Do you hear that little boy? He’s just beyond incredible. Like the article said, he was sent to ME, not another mommy, for a reason. I know I’ve talked about it on the blog before, but every little bit is a step, right? And hey, I actually said, “juice” in the grocery store the other day, when handing Logan his cup! :)

2 comments:

  1. I just love, love, love your admission in the last sentence!!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I used to worry about make-up and everything. Now I worry about the kiddos and their needs. I'm lucky if I get a shower every day :)

    ReplyDelete