Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

March is a L-O-N-G month in teacher land. No holidays, no workdays, and no snow…but almost 2 weeks down! Spring break is getting closer and closer…here’s what we’re thankful for this week:

  • Hot chocolate – but not for the reason you think! I did an experiment with my class today to see if things dissolve faster in cold water or hot water. Each child gets to try it with some hot chocolate. They.were.so.excited. I have done the experiment for 6 years and have never had quite such a spectacular reaction. Perhaps the reason I love this class so much is that they are just as dramatic as me!
  • Talking! Here’s Logan’s list right now…                            words: mama/mommy, dada/daddy, cheese, shoe, baby. Animal sounds: monkey, cow, dog (kind of)…                    Signs: please, milk, finished, up, more. We are moving along!
  • Hubby worrying so much about Logan when he fell. He is such a great daddy!
  • A friend at work who came in to talk/vent with me today, and it was just what I needed! :)
  • School buses – Logan is in love with them. We see a TON when we are driving to school in the morning and he gets so excited I always think he’s going to burst right out of his car seat. We usually see them just about the time he needs a distraction!
  • Daylight Savings Time – It’s coming! Woo Hoo! I cannot wait for it to be light longer!
  • On that note…blackout curtains! I am convinced they help Logan nap well (knock on wood, of course!). Without them bedtime would be a little rough as it stays lighter longer!
  • And finally, our raingear! Logan just got a raincoat from Grandma F and I got some rain boots from Grandma and Grandpa K. We certainly needed them today! I had to bust out the camera to take a picture of him before we left for the day…he looks so big in his raincoat!

IMG_2916

IMG_2918

Friday is almost here! Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. I love when friends have great timing like that :)

    I am looking forward to longer days, but not the time change!

    Loving the raingear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stole your Thankful on Thursday post idea this week, hope you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete