Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

Some weeks I really NEED to write this post. I had a hard day today with one of my students, Logan accidentally slammed his head into me and my lip started bleeding (totally an accident, really and truly!), the world yet again left me wondering “why? explain?" about something in a friend’s life, and I have a killer headache. But we are still so, so thankful…
  • For perspective and pasts – and days like today that are hard but remind me how far I’ve come with me.
  • Logan’s hugs. No explanation needed!
  • Teaching – Honestly, teaching was the first thing where I ever felt like “Wow, I can do this!”. It has a LOT to do with my mentors and first principal, but it is also where I found my voice and a little bit of confidence.
  • My students, who at the end of almost every day say, “Mrs. Z, can you tell us a Logan story?” I love that. And they are just WAY too cute when they get so excited about something he did – seeing as how they are only about 5 years older than him!
  • Chopsticks. We went to Bonefish for dinner tonight, after my rough day, and we always get Bang Bang Shrimp. Logan loved playing with the chopsticks and they kept him entertained for quite a while!
  • Warm weather! I am so tired of dealing with jackets!
  • The time change. I can’t talk about why because I refuse to jinx anything. But really, really, loving the time change.
  • Grandma K’s graham cracker snacks! Okay, okay, they are really from Kroger. But we don’t have Kroger here. When we were at their house a while ago she had the snack and I gave one to Logan, he loved them. Um, then I ate one. They are SO yummy! Just little graham crackers with a bit of cinnamon, enough of a treat without being awful for you. She thought she was bringing them for Logan Sunday…I promise I’m sharing Grandma K! :)
  • This. This is my favorite part of the  whole day. Excuse my mess of a self, but oh, how I love the bedtime routine and reading and snuggles!
IMG_3013
Friday, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment