Saturday, December 31, 2011

26 Weeks!

What in the world? How am I 26 weeks pregnant? In 2 more weeks I’ll be in my third trimester, that is insane! I skipped 25 weeks last week with all the Christmas excitement, so here we go!

Total weight gain/loss: At my doctor’s appointment a week ago I was up 9 total.

Sleep: Um, better! I wonder if it’s connected to not being in school right now. Hmmmm??? I still don’t have any idea what it’s like to sleep through the night or anything (totally my own self, not Logan) but less time awake at night has been nice!

Best moment this week: Seeing her on the ultrasound yesterday!

Movement: Peter flat out asked the doctor about this at the appointment since it causes so much stress for me. She said as long as I’m feeling the baby once a day at this point, all is good. I feel her more than that, luckily. But, the bad part about my placenta moving is that it’s covered her movements a little more.

Food cravings:  Icy drinks

Gender: It’s a GIRL! Yes, I asked them to double check at the ultrasound yesterday, and I was assured that she is still a girl!

Labor Signs: Nada.

Size of baby: Eggplant – and she was 1lb. 12oz. at the ultrasound, but ultrasound weights are always unreliable, so who knows? There were good and bad things about having a tiny baby (Logan was only 6 lbs. even, full term, and got down to 5lbs. 10 oz. before he started going up again.). Good = easier recovery I think, Bad = WORRY! That’s all I did for 3 months, worry about his weight! We’ll see what she decides to do.

What I miss: I’m at that stage where my clothes just all feel weird. I like the way more fitted things look, but I like the way less fitted things feel. Getting dressed is always interesting. Some of this has to do with the itching too.

What I am looking forward to: More movement, and moving into the house so we can start getting things ready for her!

Milestones: I only have 99 days left until I’m 40 weeks! Somehow being under 100 days is a little insane.

The other thing that was confirmed at the ultrasound is that this little girl is LOW, just as I thought. Walking gets uncomfortable fairly quickly. I’m all for her moving up a little, but she is already head down, so that’s a good thing. Logan didn’t turn until around 35 weeks or so. Of course, she could still surprise me and move, so as usual, who knows?

IMG_0486

No comments:

Post a Comment