Monday, December 19, 2011

20 Questions–Christmas Style

Totally stealing this from Danifred…when she posted it a week ago I knew I’d be borrowing it one of these days!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, but only because I know how much more fun it is for a child to open. I am all about gift bags at shower type events, where time is of the essence.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial.  This is a HUGE debate in our house. I’d rather do a real tree, but it is a lot of work. We have  a great tree from my parents that they gave us about 3 years ago. Well, it’s in storage right now, but it’ll be great again next year!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually right after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? I hate holiday stuff after the holidays. It depresses me. Honestly, I’d have it down the morning of the 26th if I could – as close to it as possible!

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, when I’m not pregnant (I have issues with my weird food/drink self)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have the most vivid memory of a My Little Pony Castle and Cricket doll as a child.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I do have a little village set that I started a few years ago, it has about 5 pieces now I think.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law is winning the prize this year!

i9. Easiest person to buy for? Logan!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, mail, mail. Peter made a joke about email cards this year and I almost had a heart attack.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Awww, they are just all so thoughtful! Winking smile 

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf and really cheesy Lifetime Christmas movies.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Way too late…but I don’t think I will ever be one of those people who shops before Thanksgiving, I have to be in the spirit!

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? No, not yet!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mother-in-law’s Christmas cookies!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Either, but our tree has had white in recent years.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Deck the Halls (I really don’t know)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, we’ll travel this year, to get out of the apartment! But we always said once we had kids we would be home on Christmas morning and whoever wanted to could come to us.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I’d like to start a tradition of everyone opening new pajamas on Christmas Eve to wear on Christmas morning. I’ll have to get on that.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Oh my word, any shopping area that starts with the word FAIR (um, there are at least 2 I can think of) and the insane traffic that surrounds them.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?  I love Logan’s first Christmas ornaments, especially the ones with pictures, he was so tiny!

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A little Logan to not be sick (we’re looking good, fingers crossed!) and the new house!

Let’s just have some pictures from last year, shall we?

See, wrapping paper = happiness!

IMG_1562_thumb1

Hanging out in the tent Santa brought him.

IMG_1610_thumb1

All right, slacker post for sure. But whew, these last few days at school are a doozie!

No comments:

Post a Comment