I need to go to sleep, but let’s write this down quickly for the memory books, shall we?
I was minding my own business at Target today, had to go to the bathroom, and BAM. The most dreaded thing of all during pregnancy. Blood. Bright red, ugh, what is happening, seriously, what the heck, all of that. I was by myself, so I came home quickly and told Peter. I had spotting with Logan and have had some spotting here and there with this pregnancy too. But this was beyond my comfort zone. So, we called the doc and Grandma and Grandpa F. And once they got here, off to the ER we went.
4 VERY long hours later, with one of the longest and quietest ultrasounds I have ever had, we got the news that the baby is fine, and I have a mild case of placenta previa. It is still early enough that it will hopefully correct itself in the next few weeks, but they will have to watch it for a little while. I go back to the doctor in a week to see how it’s all going.
So, now I wait. And I try to stay calm with any slight bleeding and know that all is okay. A huge thank you to my parents for coming over quickly and watching Logan. No instructions necessary, out the door we went, and it was so nice to be at the hospital and not have to worry about how he was doing.
I think after all that we need a little pick me up, okay? Here ya go…a little boy laughing so hard he put his hands up to cover his face. He thought these goggles were the best things ever.
I’m off to be calm.
Holy cow! SO, SO glad everything is okay. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteWow, that must have been terrifying! I had spotting for about 6 weeks with both girls and every single time it felt like my heart dropped. So stressful.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I had to skim that post to find out that everything is ok, then I could go back and re-read it. Take it easy, Mama! Thinking of you all :)
ReplyDelete