Monday, October 24, 2011

Birthday Week!

Guess who turns TWO this week? I’m in denial. See? He’s just so cute and snuggly…

IMG_0590

Daddy and Logan took a nap together on Saturday, and this was what happened when I started trying to wake both of them up…I love that bedhead!

Anyway, yes, look for lots of sap around here this week. I mean, TWO? I thought one was rough, but two is, well, a boy. Not a baby.

Right now on the agenda for his actual birthday is a haircut (because who doesn’t need a birthday haircut?) dinner with mommy and daddy, and presents from mommy and daddy. Then on Saturday we’ll have a small party. Nothing big this year, we’re taking a one year hiatus on the big parties until we’re in the house (Well, let’s face it, we have no space and have been told to relax and destress. So low key it is). There will be cake and perhaps even a train or two, so I don’t think Logan will be too distraught.

One of the other teachers at school is pregnant and is due Nov. 1. Which, in pregnancy language, means she is DONE right now. You know, as in, okay baby, let’s do this, now! And as ready as I know she is, I also remember how ready I was and how I did everything possible to help a certain little boy decide to come out (walks, walks, walks). It’s funny how I was so ready to speed that up – and now I just want him to slow down!

Speaking of pregnancy, I had my doctor’s appointment today. Baby’s heartbeat was great (ahem, he/she is a mover and it took a while to find. Cue anxiety attack). My blood pressure was actually really good – 128/74 (clearly they took that before they took their time to find the heartbeat…)! That is still higher than it usually was with Logan, but considering I’ve been at 150/84 or so with this one, it was great! I have really been working to destress and let some things go, and hopefully it will keep working! No new placenta news, and they really don’t expect it to move until around 26 or 27 weeks…so I’ll stay on pelvic rest until then, unless an ultrasound shows something different. Our big anatomy ultrasound is November 14!

Hope you made it through Monday!

1 comment: