Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just Some Random Thoughts…

  • I officially got put on pelvic rest today. Apparently the OB looked at my ultrasound, not just the ER doc, and decided to do that. All righty then. Bake away baby, bake away. And move placenta, move!
  • I am quite confused about my child and sleep. So for a full month in the apartment Logan was going down just like he always did since about 15 months – without fuss at all. The in the past 5 days it has been like the world is ENDING when I try to put him in his crib. Last night he cried it out for a little while and crashed eventually. Being in an apartment we don’t feel like we can do that for an extended period of time, so tonight I just went and laid by his crib. I have to leave the door open because it is ridiculously squeaky and if he goes to sleep then he wakes up when I leave. So I left the door open, laid down for 5 minutes…and he was still awake. So then I said, “Logan I’m going to leave the door open but I’m going to go out.” And he said, “Okay.” And um, that’s where he is now. No more crying, and I do believe he is asleep. The door is still open. Maybe he developed some fear of it being closed? I dunno. But I’ll go with it, that’s easy enough to be okay with.
  • Logan is really into imaginary play now, including driving his cars everywhere. The funniest part is that he likes to use our legs as roads, and he insists that we put them certain places. Yesterday he held Peter’s leg up when he was lying down and said “up, stay up.” I figure he’s just our personal trainer, giving us some strength training.
  • Oh, my boys reading, I just can’t get enough of that!

downsize

  • But wait, the best picture of the day! A ROOF!

1018111324

  • Um, I do not do reality TV with real people, well, besides Biggest Loser. BUT – bestie got me watching X-Factor and now I just randomly watch it and good grief, I won’t spoil anything for her, but whew, that show is a tear jerker!
  • I am reading the best book I’ve read in a while – The Mill River Recluse. It’s a little predictable, but I like it. I’m pretty sure I’ll finish it tonight and that’s kind of sad, I hate to finish a good book!

All right, that’s all our randomness for today. Here’s to us actually doing something one of these days so you poor people get a decent blog…

1 comment: