Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

Because you knew this was coming, and you are oh so excited to see what I’m  thankful for this week, right?
  • Progress - Logan seems to be on the mend. He hasn’t had a fever at all today, but oh, that cough. Yucky, yucky stuff. If we could just get rid of that we’d be doing great!
  • The wonderful hubby/daddy – Last night at about 10 Logan woke up and so I went to sit with him for a while. Peter came in around 10:20 and took him to the steamy bathroom for his cough, then said he’d handle it for a while. Fast forward to 4:30am, when I wake up, and Peter is still not in bed. I check the video monitor and find Logan in his crib, Peter sleeping on the floor next to him. And then I fell in love with my husband all over again.
  • Breakfast – Grade levels take turns doing breakfast at school on Fridays. We’re up tomorrow and I’m grateful that a couple weeks ago I just picked bagels and fruit. Because I was going to try to be all adventurous and cook, but wow, with our week, so glad I didn’t do that!
  • Letting Go – I’m thankful that I’m trying to learn to do this more. My grapes for tomorrow are not “pretty” – they taste great, I tried them! A few years ago I would have been mad and gone to buy new grapes. It’s the small things that show we’re making improvements, right? ;)
  • A sweet parent – I have a parent from last year who is also an employee in our school district. I ran into her before school today and had such a good conversation with her about Logan and my feelings this morning. It was perfect timing!
  • Everyone at school – Seriously, thank you so much for asking about us, helping with my lesson plans, and just being all around awesome. There are closer schools I could teach at, but they would never measure up!
  • Big Bang Theory –  I love that show. I mean, come on, any show that can work in Ice, Ice, Baby is just perfection.
  • Weekend plans – We have some fun ones, including dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Bestie for Bestie’s birthday! So excited to celebrate and have a fun night out!
  • 19.5 BRING IT ON. We’re SO close! Testing starts next week, which makes it REALLY close!

2 comments:

  1. It's possible that I fell in love with your husband just a little bit hearing about him sleeping beside the crib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ironic that Tasha said that. I was going to say how much I love him for doing that :-) Seriously?! How sweet is he! What a great husband and daddy!

    ReplyDelete