Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blessed.

I think I’ve cried three times today. I am honestly just so overwhelmed sometimes by how blessed we have been and how much I just adore this little boy…

IMG_3642

Peter made me a little Mother’s Day video and of course that started the tears. It included my favorite pics of Logan and I…

IMG_1085

IMG_1359

IMG_3597

Having this wonderful little boy has been life changing. I know every mother would tell you that – it changes everything. But he has just changed my whole outlook on the world. He has truly taught me the meaning of the word perspective. Here’s what my fortune cookie said last night:

IMG_3667

“Your dearest wish will come true.” It already did.

I have a WONDERFUL mother and mother-in-law, who both have taught me so much about being a mom. They have also taught me to trust myself, never try to push their ideas about raising children on me, and love all of us unconditionally.

Being a mom has been more than I ever expected. I have a little boy who is SO happy 95% of the time, and who I can usually find a way to help that other 5% of the time. He has taught me to trust myself, to dance sillier, to laugh more, and to slow down. I’ve learned that less sleep actually just equals more cuddles.  I may never get over that feeling of hearing him say “Mommy?” when I’m not right in the room but in earshot. It still gives me goose bumps every time. 

See, to me, Mother’s Day isn’t really about me. Yes, I got some extra time to sleep today (thanks honey!), my fabulous Ergo, a video that made me all teary,  and some beautiful cards.

But the real star of the day is this smiling face…who makes being his mommy just the most incredible experience I could ever imagine.

IMG_3651

Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment