Monday, May 16, 2011

Never A Dull Moment

Here’s a snapshot of why things are ALWAYS exciting at the Z house:

  • 5am: “Mommy? Mommy? Lalalala. Wooo! Baaa! Bus! Abby? Daddy? Bus!” And then the babbles just continue, happy as can be, until 5:30.
  • 6am, getting out of shower, there is banging on door: “Mommy? Mommy?” I open the door - “Mommy!” and Peter leaves him in the bathroom with me while I finish brushing my teeth, and he pulls off you know, about half the toilet paper…
  • 6:30am: “Abby?” Said while looking under the bed. Me: “I don’t think she’s under there buddy.” Logan: “Uhhh…Mommy?” At which point he hands me one of the parts of the bed that you know, KEEP IT UP in the middle and all. And I hand it to Peter and say, “Uh, I think the painters forgot to put the bed all the way back together – did we almost fall out last night?” And he responds, “Nah, only you almost fell out.”
  • 6:45am - Me:“Logan, bring my lunch box into the kitchen please.” Logan:  “Color, color, color?” – said as he pulls a picture from one of my kids out of my bag. Me: “Oh, yeah, H. made that for you.” Then…RRRIIIIPPPP…  Me: “Uh, okay, you didn’t like it so you’re ripping it? I won’t tell her…”
  • 7:15am, driving to school: “BUS! BUS! BUS! Bye Bye Bus! Hi Bus! Bus! Bus!” (x5000, seeing as how we are going to school at the same time as a billion kiddos).

And, you know, that’s just in the first few hours we’re awake! I’ve said before that sometimes I feel like I’m on a hamster wheel. I always think, okay, just get us to _____ and then things will calm down. Ha. It never happens. So I figure I have two options. I can freak out about it, or I can just go with it and realize this is just life, and see all the absolute fabulousness that is in it.

In all fairness, last night I stressed about IT (You know…my house is a mess! We have to put this on the market! I have to do laundry! I need a million dollars! I need to be Supermom! I need to do MORE, BETTER, etc…) and my face was a big red mess with hives and all. Today, we have zero hives so far. 

Hey, for a Monday, that’s pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment