Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

It’s that time again! A few wonderful people have done Thankful on Thursday on their own blogs, and mentioned my name…and I have to be honest and tell you I have no idea where it came from. It was another blog, not my own idea.  But I do love, love, love seeing what everyone is thankful for! I do it because when I was pregnant with Logan it helped my anxiety a lot to repeat over and over all the things that went “right” that day or the things that I was thankful for. And it helped again when I was full of more anxiety when he was actually here.  I forget to do it some days – which is why I am pretty faithful about it on Thursdays!

Here’s this week’s list!

  • Logan’s learned to give kisses!
  • The ladies I eat lunch with! My 12:05 – 12:35 gals are a lot of fun. You never know, as a teacher, what you’re gonna get at your lunch time in the teacher’s lounge.  This year, we manage to laugh a lot !
  • Recess…I really enjoy getting outside for 20 minutes in the middle of the day. Don’t get me wrong, it’s for the kids, but hey, a little fresh air is good for this teacher too!
  • People who really are passionate about their job – I went to an information session tonight for a class I am hoping to take next year, and the women that are leading it clearly LOVE what they do. I’m hoping I get to take it, because those are my favorite classes, when the instructors are excited!
  • Every0ne who said nice things about my craft project. Thanks for humoring me!
  • A wonderful parent of one of my students, who sent me an incredibly sweet email this week, so much so that I printed it and told Peter to remind me of it on the days I am having a hard time working. Obviously, none of us do it for the money…but those moments, those emails, make it all worth it.
  • Sleep. Shhh, don’t talk about it. But yes, sleep (you know, for the kidd0 – mine, ehhh, stinks…but his is more important!).
  • Peter, for humoring me and going along with my plan for moving us forward…or trying to! :)
  • Dance parties with my favorite boys. Makes coming home just the best!

Happy Friday! It’s gonna be a great one, I just know it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment