Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Reality

Yep. On it again. You know, the never ending cycle of…life? Nonstop, go-go-go? Oh, you know it? Imagine that! September happens to be the peak of it for me. It is pure insanity every year. It’s trying to figure out a new class, including their parents, settling back into a routine with working at home (twinged with a bit of unnecessary guilt of course), thinking about a certain almost 3 year olds birthday party, Halloween, cleaning…you know.

So, just in case my children read this 30 years from now, on their own hamster wheel, with children of their own? Know that it wasn’t all puppies and rainbows. It was also the occasional explosion of things like this:

IMG_3372

Oh yes, I just posted that. The daily grind of daycare bottles, pump parts, tupperware from packed lunches…all waiting for dishes from the dishwasher to be emptied.

I feel like I should make some excuses, tell you it got cleaned up so fast, tell you it’s never like that…instead I’m just going to leave it at that. Because reality is helping a little girl practice sitting up while watching a little boy play with his fire truck? It beats dishes out sometimes. And I’m okay with that.

I still feel like I need to make excuses and explain lest I look like an awful mom – but sometimes? This is just our reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment