Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 1, Done!

Well, the first day of this school year is in the books! I have 26 kids and it is a FULL room. I can’t believe one year I got up to 29. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen again. My kids seem really nice, there are just a lot of them – which makes a lot of movement and a lot of noise. We have a bit of rule learning to practice too, but they’ll get there!

Now, for the real excitement of the day…

0823120700a

Uh, bad cell phone pic, sorry…

BUT – Aubrey pretty much slept through the night last night! She went to sleep at 7, I fed her at 9 one last time…and she slept until 5:15! Holy smokes! She ate (uh, good thing, because my body is NOT used to her going all night without eating!) and went back to sleep and was up for the day at 6. She knew today was a big day!

Um, but of course I woke up at 3 (see body not used to sleeping baby) and got so excited she was still asleep (after I made sure she was still breathing) that I couldn’t go back to sleep.

Now, this is never, ever going to happen again. Not for months and months at least. But, let’s remember this one day, when all the stars aligned.

On to day 2! Smile

1 comment:

  1. I'm really behind... glad your first day went well. What a gift to get some well deserved sleep. Hope your class is settling in.

    ReplyDelete