Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

Sometimes I worry too much (Let’s all laugh…I know, such a revelation! I am learning more about myself everyday!).  A lot of times I don’t sleep very well. I’m not exactly sure if it’s because of my worry/anxiety, but I know when I can’t sleep my brain starts going into overdrive with the anxiety stuff. This happened A LOT when Logan was first born. You think I worry now…HA. I’ve learned a lot of techniques over the YEARS (oh mom, dad, bestie, KJ…how I love you for putting up with all these years!) to help me calm down. One of the ones that I relied on most when Logan was first born was focusing on all of the things that went well that day, repeating the positive things over and over. And that’s still a big reason I do Thankful on Thursday posts. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in the worry and need a reminder of all the wonderfulness that is my life.

So for a week when my worry seems to be a bit in overdrive, I am thankful for…

  • The hubby getting up with Logan this morning at 5:30. I was awake, but he went to get him and I got to listen to them chat in the kitchen and just enjoy 30 minutes in bed by myself until the time I actually have to get up, 6:00…no, I did not go back to sleep, my body has a hard time doing that!
  • Snow day! Snow delay! Extra time with Logan!
  • Grandma and Grandpa K are coming to see us this weekend, and we’re always thankful for that!
  • Blogs. Seriously, every night (well, almost) I take 30 minutes for myself and blog and read other blogs…and I need those 30 minutes, for me.
  • My Kindle! I really didn’t know if I would like it, but I do!
  • The little things that I get to do with Logan…we went to get the mail today when we got home. Usually I carry him after I get him out of the car seat and we walk to the mailbox, but today I put him down and held his hand to walk (um, the street is like RIGHT there!)…he is such a big boy and was SO excited. It always helps when there is junk mail that I can give him too!

In other news (and because the grandparents need pictures!)Logan decided to help us clean up tonight before dinner…

Um, clearly we need to give him a few more lessons, seeing as how he’s using the handle to sweep. But he does know that all the crumbs are under his high chair!

IMG_2178

Quite determined!

IMG_2184

This is the face he’s going to give me in ten years when I ask him to sweep the floor…

IMG_2185

Cheesing it up for the camera!

IMG_2187

Friday is almost here! We were hoping for some snow but it’s not looking likely (Seriously people, if you’ve never worked in a school…you have no idea how insane we teachers get this time of year. We can’t be happy with a snow day…no, we always look to the next one, we’re always hoping…it is unreal!). The good news is Friday is jeans day and always feels just a little bit better, ya know? Hope you have a good one!

1 comment: