So let’s talk just a little about a really taboo subject…working vs. staying at home. Now, I’m not really going to venture THERE…except to say that I am really lucky to get to be a SAH mom for 2.5 months in the summer, 2 weeks in December, a week in April…and snow days of course! The other weeks of the year I am lucky that I get to go to a job I love. I really don’t know how people who don’t like their jobs do it. I mean, I’d be lying if I said I’m always sure I’m making the right decision by working, or that I love being a working mom. Some days I hate it, I’ve gone so far as to convince myself that is why Logan isn’t talking…ahem, yes, I have a tendency to blow things out of proportion. It works right now for us, and luckily we have always said it would be a decision that never had to be final.
But, there is one thing I don’t love about working. Sundays. I just am not a fan of Sundays, which seems strange since it’s a day I don’t have to go to work, right? But Sundays I just feel a push to be so productive, especially after about 2pm. Like I have to get everything done on Sundays so that the rest of the week will be a little easier. Sundays always involve laundry, grocery shopping, prepping dinners for the week, making lunches for the week, etc. Not to mention working out, playing with the kiddo, and enjoying my hubby!
But during the summer I spread those things out so it doesn’t seem all pushed together. So perhaps I should spread them out during the work weeks too, but that would just be too easy, huh? Besides, then I would have no idea what to do with myself on Sundays!
Luckily, I do most of that stuff while Logan is napping on Sundays (Oh 2.5 hour naps, how I love thee. I never really knew I could move so fast until I had to race against the nap clock!) and he adores the grocery store so that’s a fun thing to do with him. So it really isn’t as bad as I make it out to be. Especially with the prospect of snow this week!
Oh, and we do still get lots of time to have fun on Sundays too…and this? You know this warms my heart…reading, daddy, and Logan, all my favorite things!
The kid would not smile. He was all like, “Why, oh why would you interrupt my bus book? KEEP READING!”
There was lots of playing with cars too…
And the new thing to do at playtime has become climb all over mommy…and I happen to love it! Um, excuse the headband…the other thing about Sundays is I wear really comfy clothes and don’t put on make up…it’s nice.
Here’s to one more Sunday down and one more Sunday closer to summer vacation!
PS – The Steelers are in the super bowl! We actually relaxed our no tv rule tonight and watched the game even before Logan went to bed. We are so not football people, but thanks to the wonderful EG and her family we always love the Steelers! :) Well, I do…apparently my husband is a Green Bay fan? You see, Grandma K is from Wisconsin…so his loyalties are coming out…and there could be some fights in our house in 2 weeks (and the first super bowl really watched for more than just commercials in…well, since the time I watched Pittsburgh in the superbowl with EG in Pittsburgh…and they won! That has to be a good omen, right?)!
I know what you mean about Sundays! So much to do for the week when all I want to do is relax and enjoy my family, which I don't get to do often enough during the week because of work. Gotta admit I don't love my job, which makes it harder to be away from the kids during the day, but I see the benefit they get from daycare, so it makes me feel a little better about working (well that, and the $ and health benefits...)
ReplyDeleteI am right there with you! Every Sunday I have a mini-breakdown and at some point "I hate Sundays" comes out of my mouth! :-)
ReplyDelete