We’re back to work and school and doing pretty well! Logan had a great day at school yesterday and today and hasn’t been coughing at all (knock on wood!). I give it about 2 weeks until his nose is running again…
We had the worst night of sleep yet on Sunday night. It took forever to get him to sleep, then he was up 4 times…10:30, 11:00, 1:00, and 1:30 – 4:30. OH MY WORD. From 1:30 – 4:30 he wanted to play, play, play. I got about 2 hours sleep and was a complete zombie on Monday. So last night I decided it was time to take some action. We’ve never had to do major cry it out stuff, but when we did it worked wonders. So, last night we put him down at 7:30, and yes, he cried. We went into console at 5 minutes, then 10 minutes later he was asleep. And stayed asleep until 11, when he cried for 2 minutes (my middle of the night limit is 5 minutes, period…unless he’s been sleeping really consistently and then one night randomly wakes in the middle of the night, because to me that means something is wrong and I go in right away). At 2 minutes he went right back to sleep. Then at 3:00 he woke up again, for all of 30 seconds then was back to sleep until 6:45. Which means he slept 11 hours and oh, did he need it.
I hate even writing that we let him cry, but honestly, he needed it and it worked. He’s not a little tiny baby, he’s a toddler who knows that when he cries, I come back, and I mean, come on, who wouldn’t want someone to rock them to sleep? It isn’t the initial rocking that I mind, I love that…it’s the fact that he needs that to get back to sleep in the middle of the night too.
Anyway, hopefully this will be good for a while. Well, until he’s sick again! Because I’d never do it when he was sick, but we certainly all felt better today!
Tonight when I got out the camera to take pictures during playtime I didn’t realize Logan’s face still had sauce on it from dinner! There’s even a little sauce on his eyelash…oops! He was pretty excited to eat spaghetti! I love this picture because he’s holding a book out to me to read (Wheels on the Bus is REALLY popular right now!).
Then he decided he’d try to clean up a little…didn’t work!
Logan is becoming quite the athlete! He is really into holding and throwing balls at the moment…here’s a really short movie of his latest throw – what an arm!
Eh, you get the point…he listened once, when I told him to get the ball, that’s good…he threw it…he didn’t listen the next time, because there was another fun toy calling his name…that’s a toddler for you I guess!
Fingers crossed for another good night of sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment