We went to a birthday party for our favorite (almost!) two year old today! Alexander turns 2 tomorrow and he invited Logan to his party at Gymboree. I was so excited, because I really want to take Logan to classes at Gymboree, Grandma and Grandpa F got him a gift certificate for Christmas for classes…but I wanted to see how he did at the party. Ever since the Christmas party fiasco I’ve been really apprehensive about big groups with him.
Oh, I had NO reason to worry! The kid was in heaven. Honestly, he was a little confused at first when we were all taking our shoes off, but the minute he saw those mats? He was off and running. No kidding. He was all “Slides! Bridges! Mats! Balls! Tunnels! Basketball hoops! Parachutes! Bubbles! Stairs! I MUST PLAY WITH EVERYTHING!” He was the youngest one there by far, but he did a great job. There were a few things (run around in a circle as a group…he’s not quite there yet!) where we watched or “helped” him, but he was so amazing! Here are some of the million pictures I took…
He kept trying to climb “up” the slide…so we tried to show him the real climbing part, but he wasn’t quite ready for that yet!
The theme was “jungle safari.” Daddy held Logan’s hat and binoculars for him!
Oh, the tunnel…SUCH a hit. I think we may have to get one to go with our tent soon!
Crawling across the bridge (clearly not as nervous as daddy was, with that hand right behind him!).
Taking a breather while the big kids played (um, EG, do you see all those Steeler jerseys? You would have loved it!).
Shooting some hoops!
He was in awe of the bubbles!
The parachute! He wasn’t so sure about the going on top part, but he did love running under it!
With a big chunk of cantelope in his mouth! He did manage to keep his party hat on for a long time!
Yum, cupcakes!
He was a mess, even had it in his hair, but he was ready to play again when he was done (excuse my face, who knows what I was doing!).
After the party we were right near Grandma and Grandpa F’s house so we went to dinner with them. Logan did a great job and came home happy as could be. It was a busy day, but he was a trooper!
Now off I go to look at our local Gymboree schedule! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment