When I was teaching a reading group today the book had the phrase “Naughty Monkeys” in it (come on JD, you totally know it!). My kids thought it was so funny…after we had dissected the word naughty of course (I mean really, that’s why reading is hard work!).
Well, I came home tonight and had my own naughty monkey. First, he got super messy at dinner. There were blueberries involved. The kid LOVES blueberries. Seriously.
There was blueberry in his eyebrow. Oh, and if you look really close you can see a little of that molar coming in on the right side of the picture!
I mean, this is the kid who HATES getting his face washed. Can you just imagine the agony that this caused him?
For the record, he wasn’t crying in these pictures…it’s just that whole scrunchy face thing mixed with “ugh, the cloth is approaching my face!”
Oh, but that wasn’t even the really naughty part. No, that came a few minutes later.
Do you know what that is? That’s my child on top of the coffee table. He started climbing and he hasn’t really climbed much so I wanted to see what would happen. Well, this happened. For about two seconds before I pulled him down, told him no, etc. (which is why you get this great shot, I didn’t want him to think I was encouraging it and I was clicking it super fast and I was walking over – granted, the table is LOW and there is foam or carpet all around, but still, no, I was not just leaving him to fall people, I promise!). Then he proceeded to try about 10 more times. Looks like we have a new favorite game!
We had another funny moment tonight too. When we were reading books before bed we were reading Where’s Spot? It’s one we haven’t read in a while. Well, each page says something like, “Is he under the bed?” And you lift up the flap and it says “No…” and shows some other animal there. Well, I would read the page then Logan would lift the flap and I would say, “No…” and the first time he fussed a little…the next page I did it and he started bawling! I couldn’t figure out why. Then I realized, the kid hates the word no. Every time we say it to stop him from doing something he gets upset. Because clearly, we are just meanies. So the poor boy kept thinking I was telling him no, don’t lift the flap! I felt so bad. I had to go back and read it again and change the words to , “He’s not there!” and it was all better.
Don’t worry, in the reading group book the daddy loved his “naughty monkeys.” I happen to love mine quite a bit too!
Have a fabulous weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment