This kid is going to be driving away!
“Mom, come on, I’ll bring the car right back…”
How will I ever say no to this face (despite the bad lighting…)?
Seriously, how did he get so big?
He was so adorable in his outfit today! His jeans are way too big, but I love the elastic waistband, so I went with it. He’s still swimming a bit in the 12 – 18 month clothes, even in some of his 12 month clothes. But he’s got a belly! His feet are also growing a lot. I had to get him new shoes for school today (those slipper sock ones) and I don’t think new sneakers are far behind.
Today was one of those absolute perfect days. First, he slept through the night! For the first time in forever! 7:30 – 5:45, and he even hung out in his crib sleeping off and on until 6:30. Heaven! Then we played all morning and he was just beyond happy. Target trip, still happy. Lunch, happy. Before his nap I was sitting in the rocking chair with him and we had 15 minutes of giggles, reading, and snuggles that were just too cute. He went down for his nap great and slept for 2 hours, which meant I got to make 2 dinners for this week (new recipes). He woke up a little cranky but cheered up quickly and was happy, happy, happy all afternoon. Then tonight we went over to the H’s house and he was great. At first he was really shy, but he warmed up and was all over the place, playing with the girls, showing off, it was great. He went down to sleep easily and I’m hoping for another good night!
It was the kind of day I’ve needed for a while….and the kind of day I need to remember for a while.
Hope you had a great one too!
Yay for perfect days!
ReplyDelete