Monday, August 19, 2013

Hard Headed

I kept Aubrey safe all summer. One little skinned knee, that was it. Then,  yesterday, the last day of summer:

You can see that, right? The GIANT red bump on her head? Yeah, she fell when she was attempting to climb a kitchen chair. In that split second before I got there. And I saw it happen and it was awful. Slow motion, major head slam into hardwood. Bad, bad, bad. I pretty much thought she had broken her neck for 3 seconds.

And Aubrey? She cried and cuddled for 30 seconds, and then wondered what the heck I was making such a fuss about. 

That's the, "Mommy I am big, tough, and FINE" look. Know how I know I've grown as a mom? I rushed her up to Peter, he thought she looked fine, and I called no one for reassurance. Say what?!?! Wow, look at me, I am so big! ;)

Today it's barely a bruise. She's one tough cookie! 


1 comment: