The best and worst thing about having 2 kids?
You know that this messy face (peanut butter and prunes – not together, but they ended up together on her face):
Will eventually change into this clean (mostly) face:
Messy faces are drama around here. The cloth to clean her face is evil, clearly. Just like it was with Logan’s. Messy faces = messy floors = messy clothes. Repeat 5 times a day. It’s enough to drive you batty every now and then.
The biggest way I’ve changed since having a second child is that I know phases really are just that – phases. Sleep? It’ll happen eventually. Not eating? Eh, they’re toddlers, they’ll eat when they’re hungry. Fever of 104? The doc doesn’t worry until 105, I know that! Still hanging onto the bedtime bottle? It’ll go eventually. Messy face and floors? Fewer spills and food actually making it into the mouth is coming, eventually.
But sometimes? The phases are too fast. They’re gone before I even really realized they were there. I have a little girl who likes to crawl, quickly. Walking is just oh so not necessary. And I often think “Come on, walk! Let’s do this!” Then in the same breath I catch myself and think – “oh you’re going to be running away from me – make it stop!”
The best and worst thing. It all ebbs and flows, and changes. And if you blink, it’s gone. Fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment