Saturday, November 17, 2012

Yumminess

Here comes something I never do on here…a recipe post. I’ve never been known for my cooking. But I’m getting better! With the great kitchen in our house I feel a bit more inspired than I used to. So, a rare share today!

One of my very favorite appetizers ever is a salsa that my mother-in-law makes. My favorite dish she makes is chicken enchiladas, and she often makes this as an appetizer for the enchiladas. It is SO yummy, and the best part is it’s super easy too!

Super Easy Salsa

1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)

1/2 can (or a little more) of corn

2 avocados – peeled and chopped

1/2 lemon squeezed into mixture

1/2 cup (or so) of salsa – use the chunky kind so you’ll have tomato chunks

Salt and pepper to taste

Tabasco sauce – a few drops or more to suit your taste

2 Tbsp. of sour cream (I use the light version)

Mix together and refrigerate. Serve with blue and yellow chips.

IMG_4324

Voila! So yummy!

And, some children, to keep those picture hungry grandparents happy.

Um, seriously, I couldn’t find him for about 2 minutes – I knew he was in the room, then he disappeared!

IMG_4035

He was quite proud of his hiding skills.

IMG_4046

Aubrey has decided Woody’s hat actually belongs to her.

IMG_4227

She wears it pretty well, huh?

IMG_4216

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment