After all of the Thanksgiving fun, there was even more fun to be had this weekend! It could be said that we are very, very excited about Christmas in our family. It is my favorite time of year, Logan is finally “getting” it, and I am ready to start lots of fun traditions. We wasted no time and put the tree up on Friday morning!
So, every year Peter and I have this big debate about real vs. artificial tree. Every year I want a real tree. Every year we use our fake tree…but it’s a nice one! Logan was really confused about this tree coming out of a box thing!
He was however, very excited to put on the first ornament!
Aubrey was just excited there was *MORE*stuff for her to play with (those are the stockings Peter and I had as kids. We have matching ones for our family now, but we are still waiting for Aubrey’s to get here, so no pictures yet!).
And then she helped put on an ornament.
Logan helped as long as he could, then he just started jammin’ to some Christmas music.
I’m excited to get more of the house decorated this week, and the outside too! Our neighborhood has quite the variety of decorated houses already, and Logan loves seeing all the lights. It’s going to be a good month!
Saturday morning I woke up and was out of the house bright and early to go to E’s baby shower in Pittsburgh. It was so nice! Everybody that put it together did an awesome job. I met E when I first started teaching – we were first year teachers together. And her family and friends in PA have always been SO welcoming and warm. I was really apprehensive about leaving the kids, especially Aubrey, but it was so worth it! Peter got to relax and hang out with them, and I got to have some adult time and a good night’s sleep! I can’t wait to meet baby G in a few months! I didn’t get a picture of just her and I, but here I am with some of the ladies.
I made it home this afternoon without too much traffic, and everybody was all smiles when I got here. A successful weekend all around!
4 weeks of school, think we can get some snow days in there? A girl can dream, right? I have to have something to get me through Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment