Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who Needs Sleep?

I really think this has been a blog title before. Sleep was such an issue in our lives from November – May…Then Logan was doing great, minus a few nights here and there. The past few weeks have been a little rough, but since last Thursday it has been really rough – as in up for 2 hour stretches, wanting to play! Sunday night I got about 4 hours of sleep. I was a bit of a zombie on my first day back at work Monday, but it wasn’t too bad.

Last night…disaster. And it had absolutely NOTHING to do with Logan. He slept great, a little 5 minute wake up around midnight but no big deal. I however got in the bed at 8pm, thinking I was so tired…and did not get to sleep until 4am. It was awful. I tried everything. Getting up, reading, walking around…and nothing. I got 2.5 hours sleep and that’s it. I had a meeting this morning so when that was done Logan was still napping at daycare so I thought I’d run to my parents house and nap there for a little bit. Guess what? I couldn’t sleep! UGH!

So, I’ve had about 6 hours sleep in the past 48 hours. I am really hoping it’ll be better tonight. I’m going to wait to go to bed at my usual time (around 10) and keep my fingers crossed. This would involve Logan needing to sleep well too…and Peter is in the middle of a HUGE work project. Craziness here at the Z’s!

But, our wonderful little boy is still keeping us smiling.

Just some smiles, just because…I know, we have a million pictures like this!

SDC12358

SDC12359

Logan still likes to attempt to climb the stairs. He was so proud when he reached the landing and today he decided to go even further and go all the way up. We stand right there with our hands basically on him because we’re so afraid of him falling back, but he loves it!

SDC12370

SDC12371

No picture of this, but just for my memories later…in our upstairs hallway we have a carbon monoxide detector plugged into one of the outlets. There’s a button that you push to test it. After Logan got to the top of the stairs he decided to go right over and push it. It started beeping and even though Peter picked him up and pulled him away from it he thought it was hilarious! I don’t know that I’ve ever heard him laugh so hard at something that wasn’t a person doing something funny. He kept laughing for a good 5 minutes. Which of course made Peter and I laugh. Which we really needed.

One last thing…Logan has a little crush on a girl at daycare. He’s always been the youngest, but now there is a 4 month old. Apparently he loves to “talk” to her and smile at her. Such a little flirt!

Here’s to good sleep tonight!

PS – Wow, this got really long. In my exhausted state I kind of just couldn’t stop typing!

1 comment:

  1. I have whatever you have! Samara was up around 130 for about 45 minutes or so and after that, I can only blame myself. I just couldn't sleep no matter what I did. As soon as I'd just about be out, she'd let out a screech and my heart would start racing and I'd be back to square 1. Here's hoping we both have better nights tonight!

    ReplyDelete