So, I’m just going to be honest and talk about something I haven’t mentioned on here much. Logan isn’t babbling much at all. And yes, I’m worried. I worry about it all the time. He was saying dadadada a little, but he hasn’t even been doing that much. He makes a lot more sounds when he has fingers or a toy in his mouth. We can go on our whole 45 minute walk and he’ll make just a few sounds.
Ugh. Yes, I worry. I worried obsessively when I was pregnant. Then when the doctor mentioned his head being a little flat on one side at his 2 month appointment I worried about that a lot. Now, it’s the babbling. I try to look at all the positives he has going for him: He smiles, laughs, interacts with us…but he is not a big talker. This is one of those situations where being a teacher does not help at all. And neither does the internet. Everything I am reading right now says a red flag is no babbling at 12 months. So I need to CALM down. All babies develop at different rates. He makes sounds. Hello, the bestie is a speech pathologist. She’s listened to him and thinks he’s making great sounds. So I need to just calm down. He’s also getting massive amounts of teeth at once (those 4 are pretty much all in on top) and crawling/standing/walking with help like a madman. But oh, how I worry.
Anyway, we had a great last Monday before I head back to work! It feels like maternity leave all over again… “This is our last Monday…our last Tuesday…our last Target trip (gasp!).” Here’s the cutie playing around today:
I love this look of complete and utter surprise. I was holding up “the duck” and he was so excited (I really do promise that box of diapers in the background is a new one and not the one that was sitting at the bottom of the stairs in all the pics a few weeks ago!).
Playing with daddy’s tie after he got home from work. It provided a good 5 minutes of playtime…
And, it gave us another errand to run, because I think it needs a stop at the cleaners now!
Thanks for listening to me vent! Hope you had a great start to your week!
It seems to me that he is hitting all his milestones right on time (and even early in some cases!). I've heard that boys take longer to "talk" than girls, not sure if that's true or not. And one last thing...it seemed like Samara went through stages where she babbled a lot and then would't do anything for weeks so I would think to myself that I must've made it up! She still does that even with some words...like duck. She said it a month ago...for a couple of days and now she won't even say it if I say it first so I'm totally doubting myself that I even heard her say it in the first place. Sigh...parenthood is hard for us worrywarts!
ReplyDelete