Monday, April 9, 2012

Progress!

So, yes, we have had feeding issues. Aubrey is SO SLEEPY. Because she was so lazy with nursing my supply started to go down (it’s a supply and demand process) and we were getting nowhere. Saturday I got really down about it, I figured we’d be told at our appointment today that we had to switch to formula. Saturday I started pulling out every trick I knew. I started pumping after every feeding, taking Fenugreek, eating more, drinking more, etc., etc. Yesterday I heard her gulping more and she was more alert.

At our appointment today, she had gained 3 ounces! That’s the first gaining she’s done. She got down to 7-3 from 7-11 at birth, and now she is up to 7-6! I was so excited I thought I might go buy her a pony. We’re now seeing how far we can get before her 2 week check up on Friday.  The ideal is to be back up to 7-11, but 5 ounces is a lot. Hopefully we’ll get close! I would be happy if she started waking more on her own to eat, hopefully that will happen soon!

Here are a few new shots of our little rock star!

IMG_1271IMG_1279

And just as a little memory note for myself…Peter and I have really been working on giving Logan individual time, keeping things as normal as possible for him. I have felt like I haven’t gotten time with him the past few days because it’s been feed/pump/repeat. Well, tonight I was able to ditch the pump and we had so much fun playing trash truck. It involved us sitting on the stairs and me driving the truck, then him jumping off to get the trash. I love all the imaginative play he is doing lately, it is so much fun to watch his brain work!

And these? These pictures get shown to all his future girlfriends for sure!
IMG_1238IMG_1242

Thanks for all the support, we will take all the continued weight gain thoughts you’ve got!

3 comments:

  1. Will keep sending weight gaining thoughts! Just think... When Aubrey is older she will look back on this post and chuckle!! You are an amazing mom and both Logan and Aubrey are super lucky to have such wonderful parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking chubby thoughts!

    And oh my, the pictures of Logan made my evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awful cute bow :)

    I'm sending you milk vibes!

    ReplyDelete