Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers

leftoversbutton

  • Oh the tiredness. I remember now what it feels like. And, this is clearly why they use sleep deprivation as a form of torture.
  • That whole issue really came to a head this morning at 4:30am when: a) I had just finished nursing Aubrey b) Logan WOKE up for the day c) Peter couldn’t help because he was sick with a fever and slept downstairs in an attempt to not infect Aubrey. 4:30. When I put Logan to bed tonight I literally said, “Good night buddy, see you in the morning…after 6:00.” A girl can dream!
  • Logan did however go to school today, which meant Aubrey and I snuck in a few naps.
  • BUT – there’s the whole nurse every two hours AND find time to pump in there since we were told we had to supplement with 1/2 ounce after every feeding. The pumping somehow makes it all so much, just, more.
  • All of that being said, I can’t believe Aubrey is a week old! She gets cuter to me everyday. My very favorite thing are those crazy facial expressions that babies make that are all over the map from smiles to frowns to furrowed brows in about 30 seconds.
  • Have you ever heard of this show called Psych? It comes on some crazy channel, Ion or something. Anyway, it was one of those channels we got with the HD antenna, so Peter got hooked. I started watching and it’s pretty good. Good thing, since we have 15 saved to the DVR.
  • There is the largest pile of clean clothes I have ever seen in my bedroom that needs to be folded. I’m waiting for the little folding fairies to show up. Or to just get through the pile by pulling a few clothes out every day.

All right, that’s all I’ve got! For more leftovers of a slightly (just slightly!) sleep deprived variety, visit Danifred!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the tired is right. It's hard to remember that it gets better. I'm here to remind you it does. Better... not rested, but better than exhausted.

    ReplyDelete