- We had Aubrey’s first appointment at the pediatrician today. Her weight is down to 7 lbs 3 oz, and her jaundice level was up. However, both of those are to be expected – both are also enough that they’re having us come back again tomorrow for a weight and color check. We did the same thing with Logan, but it ‘s still one of those things that I get all nervous about. Good thoughts appreciated!
- As much as breastfeeding is going SO much better this time (I made it almost 6 months last time but thought I was going to quit every single day the first 2 weeks, Logan had a TERRIBLE time nursing, it was a battle). BUT – I am still having a hard time trusting the process. We’re having plenty of wet and dirty diapers, so I’m trying really hard to just be calm about it.
- I’m still having insomnia issues. Blah. Aubrey did sleep a few 30 minute stretches in her bassinet last night.
- Logan on the other hand, woke up at 5am.
- Logan has definitely had a few moments of temper/sad/mad – but I’m really not sure how much has to do with changes here and how much was inevitable seeing as how he’s almost 2.5.
- I can do this. All of it. I know it. I am also right in the middle of that whole giant flood of hormones in/out of my body and yes, I am quite emotional.
- God bless my husband.
Now, for some cuteness.
Bestie came over to see us and brought Logan a new coloring book. He is kind of obsessed with it.
A lot of these very intense, “I talk to Aubrey” chats happen at our house. And then my heart melts.
She studies him pretty intently (and yes, I know, she is really yellow. Like the outfit – I promise her levels were not high enough for them to say she needed the light therapy, and Logan was this yellow too.).
Totally random, but last week I went to a consignment sale with a friend and found a Bob the Builder shirt for Logan. He was SO excited. I mean, it was like he won the mega millions jackpot. He got to wear it today and luckily, right before his bath and after spaghetti, I remembered to take a picture of him in it. Then there were too many cute faces so I had to include all 3. Humor my hormones, please.
I’m surrounded by cuteness!
She looks so alert already!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow, I bet weight goes up and yellow goes down!
I don't know how you stand all the cuteness in your house! No WONDER you're emotional, it's just too much cute! I am crossing my fingers for a less yellow day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Family!
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely surrounded by cuteness! Hope your appointment went well.
ReplyDelete