Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pre-K, Month One

Oh you guys...he looooooves it. I mean the kid is head over heels in love with school. He tells us about all the kids, all the songs, centers, books, playground time, you name it, the kid is into it. 

Surprisingly, his favorite center the past few weeks has been writing. Um, yeah, the kid who I've always worried about fine motor wise! Turns out what I tell parents is actually true - it's developmental and when you put the right tools in front of them and they're ready, they'll love it. If it's fun and not scary. The kid is taking big risks and not worrying about perfection. I love it. 

This is a note he wrote me outside this weekend: 


It says (um, read right to left and the I is first then the m?) "I'm not happy with J" (our neighbor, they were arguing about something they were playing). This so looks like it came right out of one of my education textbooks as a developmental stage of writing. I know, it's nothing. But it's something: he chose to write and understands writing has meaning! And there are some sounds there!

In other big news, he was the snack helper today.


And yes, he wore his tag to bed tonight. He takes his job very seriously. 

I'm so excited about how well this experience is going for him. I mean, remember the debacle that was science camp?!?! I know my poor dad was horrified at what drop offs might be like. 

Pre-K rocks. For real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment