Sunday, October 26, 2014

Birthday Weekend

Wow. I’ve described this birthday as bittersweet – 5 is BIG. He seems so old. No way in the world you can call a 5 year old a toddler. I just…oh, it’s hard to see them get big!

He had a phenomenal, phenomenal weekend. Grandma and Grandpa K arrived on Friday and the party began! He was overjoyed to get a special present from Aunt Kim and Uncle Brian, along with some wonderful hand me down books. The kid kept his nose in a book for a good 24 hours!

IMG_8408

Then the party began. Lego theme this year, because he of course loves his Legos!

IMG_1051 

The party guests were all “Master Builders.” They got to make cars, race them, and take them home as their favors.

IMG_1055 IMG_1057IMG_1054 IMG_1058 IMG_1059

Of course there were some breaks for toys and food too!

IMG_1060 IMG_1064

Then it was off to the races!

IMG_1069    IMG_1080 IMG_1083

My mom made this awesome Lego cake. And it was SOOO yummy!

IMG_1086 IMG_1096

And we got to watch an adorable baby be happy…what’s better than that?

IMG_1125 IMG_1129

Ah, the family photo attempt. I do love a good outtake!

IMG_1137

But look! It doesn’t get much better than this!

IMG_1154

Here’s the first picture of the official FIVE year old this morning.

 IMG_8427

He loved, loved his stuffed Yoda (who he now calls Yo Yo).

IMG_8436

I finally relented and allowed a light saber. It was a huge debate in my head. But he was quite excited (and there were lots of rules!).

IMG_8457

Of course he still had to hit the soccer field today!

IMG_8469

And then he came home and showed off his skills on his new BIG bike!

IMG_8477

Here are my limited skills: “Pumpkins” for his class treat tomorrow. He thinks it’s awesome – I’m sure it’s the only year taking oranges to school for your birthday treat is awesome. But I’ll take it (20 peeled clementines later…).

IMG_8479

Such a fabulous weekend, topped off by his dinner of choice, Chipotle.

We were so lucky to have so many friends join us, both sets of grandparents (ahem, who somehow escaped all the pictures), and love just all around.

We’ll do his interview later this week, so stay tuned for the awesome answers he’s sure to give!

Love this kid. Love!

1 comment: