Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Just Keep Swimming!

Ya know, sometimes life just keeps dealing out the fun. Doesn't seem to matter if you've already had enough fun...you need more. 

We had a rough start to October. One day I might blog about it, but not there yet. Anyway, we were getting back in a groove. Then, bam...my face started hurting. Then one tooth, really bad. A tooth where I already had a root canal 6 years ago. 

That was Friday. Silly me tried to ignore it until Monday, when I went to urgent care after school. My was hoping it was sinus related and they could help. But I kind of thought it was tooth...

They have me some antibiotics, thinking it was sinus. But OMG, the tooth pain. Right up there with contractions, seriously. I was awake all night with toe curling pain that ibuprofen and Tylenol weren't touching. And I don't take tiny doses either. 

I booked a morning sub at 4:30am. I got to the dentist at 8:15, they declared the tooth infected, gave me stronger antibiotics and pain killers. Went to school. Then around 3:00...my gums back there started swelling, huge. Big enough that when I showed Peter at 6 he jumped backwards in surprise. It was like a balloon. So I called the dentist emergency line and they want to see me first thing in the morning. Because that is awesome. Miss more work! Throw off all schedules! Awesome! 

Luckily the pain relievers finally started helping around 6:00 and I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight.

Sadly, for you, this means no cute pictures of children. I will save you from pictures of my mouth. Because...woah. 

Just keep swimming! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh. There are few things worse than tooth pain. It radiates to your entire head. I really feel for you! Glad the medication seems to be working. And sorry to hear the month has been off to a rough start.

    ReplyDelete