Oh we are a little obsessed with our Christmas tree. Well, by we I mean Logan and Aubrey. They spent a good 30 minutes with it today. It’s like our new family pet, seriously.
I’m not kidding. They just laid there gazing at it. It’s mesmerizing.
I was all, oh look, this is such a cute picture of Aubrey’s reindeer butt! Until I realized she only has one sock on. Classic Z kid move there.
Here she is scouting out the second ornament to take off for the night. The first victim can already be seen on the ground.
Pretty cute for a thief, huh? There’s a reason we keep the unbreakable, no little parts ones at the bottom…
Logan knows not to touch the ornaments, but he would like to see how that cat toy in his hand will look in the tree, thank you very much.
And then he asked if he could sleep under the tree. This face is hard to say no to.
I did. Because I mean, sleeping under a tree in the house on a school night is just a little out of my comfort zone. But, you know, an adventure for another time.
The absolute funniest thing about our tree, that the kids will never know? We have a family ornament from 2009 that has a really cute picture of our new little family when Logan was like 6 weeks old. Then we have a family ornament that says 2010 – and it has some other family in it, the ones who came in the frame. That means we packed it away that way! So far so does the 2012 one. Uh, oops. I mean, at least we remember to buy those, right? For the record, Logan chose AirMater as his ornament this year. No surprise there!
Goal for the weekend: No more fake families on our tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment