And it continues. Aubrey has been so healthy, compared to Logan’s first 8 months, but she’s saved it all up until now it seems. I figure there’s a few ways to look at things this week, as always, it’s all about perspective.
#1
- My kids are sick over break. That sucks.
- Or, my kids are sick over break. I’m so glad I can stay with them and not worry about sub plans or who is going to take off work.
#2
- Ugh, having sick kids is so hard.
- Or, wow, I am so lucky to have kids – who happen to be sick.
Aubrey is still all out of sorts. She’s got a low temp (100.5 – 101), she is all kinds of snotty, and her cough is just awful. She does really well about the first 45 minutes that she’s awake, then it goes downhill from there. Getting her to sleep is all kinds of drama. And getting her to drink/eat? Oh, it is just no fun at all. But, she is trying, see?
I on the other hand, find all this sickness stuff rather stressful, so when I can’t find 2 socks that match? I just pick 2 socks.
Oh, and she would totally be in pjs…except that she pooped all over those this morning. I know, you wish this kind of excitement was happening at your house right now, huh?
Logan is a bit puny too. He woke up and sounded all junky, he’s grabbing tissues right and left, the coughing is nasty, and he’s a bit out of sorts. Just not quite himself.
Oh, and yes, when your mom is a first grade teacher? You get lacing games for Christmas. Fine motor fun!
We keep plugging along! Really, really hoping things start getting better soon. And that there is sleep. Good sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment