Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

leftoversbutton

This was a LONG week! Here’s what’s still rolling around in my head.

  • Tired. Tired. Tired. And not at all because of Logan. I had one of those nights last night where you look at the clock and go, “Okay, if I fell asleep right now I’d get 6 hours sleep…5 hours…4 hours…oh no, this is not good…” I think I got around 3.5. And the Benadryl I had to take to finally get even that made me super groggy all day. That kind of exhaustion you can’t shake. Ick.
  • Logan has sandals! That means spring needs to come so my kid can wear his cute new shoes!
  • Logan’s newest word is uh-oh, and he uses it a lot. Correctly!
  • I have the hardest time remembering the titles of books now that I read on my Kindle, because I never am picking up the book and seeing the title – just clicking it on. I just finished a great book by Diane Chamberlain, but I’m way too lazy to go get the Kindle and see which one it was…an old one that’s only in print electronically. I’ll let you know.
  • Abby slept on my head all night. This may be one reason I did not sleep. Just a thought.
  • 2 weeks until Spring Break! And for once I could care less what I’m gonna look like in a bathing suit, I just want it to get here!
  • Logan had a massive explosion at school today. As in, his teacher had to give him a shower. I mean, the kids shoes were in the “dirty” bag. I am quite glad he decided to do that at school…
  • I managed to avoid all April Fool’s jokes today. Well, besides all of my first graders saying things like, “There’s a coconut behind you. April Fools!” Uh…yep, funny, funny!
  • It’s 8:20…I think I’m going to bed.

For more leftovers visit Danifred!

4 comments:

  1. That is a massive blowout!!! A shower?! You dodged a bullet there!

    I HATE nights like that...they happen to me WAY too often. Stupid momsomnia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful of Logan to do that at daycare :)
    When I take Benadryl, it usually takes 12 hours for me to not feel groggy. That is why I started taking half of one!
    Woo to the hoo for spring break! Any big plans?

    I meant to comment on your post last night, but fell asleep reading! (not that it put me to sleep! I just don't get a lot *wink*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no for that teacher...and yeah for you!

    Sorry about the lack of sleep...nothing makes me grumpier.

    I've been reading books digitally too. I'm wondering how long out kids will be reading actual paper books...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the sleep thing all the time. I have serious insomnia and just watch the clock keep rolling, all the while counting down the few hours I have left to sleep. I hope you're catching up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete