Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Port Discovery

After a very rough weekend I was determined to end on a high note. I’ve been wanting to take the kids to Port Discovery in Baltimore. It’s an hour and a half drive, but I had heard it was very worth it. Turns out, it definitely was! This was a trip I couldn’t do by myself (you’ll see why), so my mom went with us (Peter had to work on President’s Day). We were so glad to have her along. The kids did awesome in the car (without any extra toys or anything – lots of talk and some naps) and we were the first ones there when they opened at 9:30. Seriously, first in the door!

I started taking pictures with the good camera, but it was just too much, so I turned to the phone.

There was a gas station, car,  and supermarket (everything pretend of course).

IMG_9961IMG_9962IMG_9963IMG_9964IMG_9965IMG_9966IMG_9967

Aubrey counted the apples when she put them in the basket just like I do when they’re with me at the store. I thought it was hilarious!

IMG_9968

So here’s why my mom had to go with us. The GIANT climbing structure. Aubrey wasn’t big enough for it, and of course it’s pretty much all Logan wanted to do. It was huge and there were exits all over the structure. When it wasn’t very crowded I let Logan go on his own because I could see him. Then it got crazy and I went with him. Yep. Me. On that. Totally.

IMG_9969IMG_9970IMG_9971IMG_9972

There was a giant soccer field!

image

A big water room, which was a total hit with the kids (they have raincoats you can wear if you want).

image_1image_2image_3image_4image_5

A diner where they served Grandma (and she saved Aubrey from eating plastic fries!).

image_6

A construction zone…

image_7

And about 15 of these scary bridges attached to the climbing structure that Logan kept wanting to go across.

image_8

There were a TON of other things I didn’t take pictures of (can you believe it?) and wow, would I recommend this place. My only regret is that we didn’t get a family membership while we were there (2 visits a year would pay for it). So, so, so much fun. We are so glad Grandma F could go with us! We’ve promised Peter he can go next time.

So yes. A fun end to the crazy weekend. We needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment