So I said I was going to try to do 10 things a month from Pinterest. I’m not quite sure if I got to 10, but let’s see…
Logan and I did this on a snow day:
This is the second of her packs I’ve used, they’re free (well, aside from printing them on the printer) and I love them. Cutting is a big skill we’re practicing here.
We made a marshmallow snowman like this too!
I do a TON from Pinterest at school of course, but here’s just one I did this week, since it could be used at home too:
I also made a ton of new recipes, of course from my obsession, Skinnytaste. I love skinnytaste because she keeps food real.
Crockpot Balsamic Pork Roast – So, so easy. Pretty good, not like epically good, but easy enough that I’d make it again for sure.
Easy Macaroni Casserole – YUM. I loved this. And I love things that last us more than one night (most things do, but this one held up really well). Kids loved this too! A definite keeper.
Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks – I took these to Bunco and they were SO good. Peter loved them too. Unfortunately, they’re best right out of the oven, so I don’t think they were the best things to take to a pot luck type event. But still very good and will make more for sure!
Banging Good Shrimp – I made this for Peter and I. I thought it was delicious, but Peter wasn’t quite so enthusiastic. He liked it enough, but I’m not sure I’ll make it again. The real one from Bonefish is better (ahem, and worse for you, of course!). I will say I’ve never made shrimp before. Raw shrimp is GROSS to handle. So I think I’m done with that. Glad mom does it at the beach! Though, the worst part was that I had to shell it and devein it first. Ick.
Black Bean Brownies – These started a frenzy at my school. Black bean brownies everywhere. Peter wouldn’t touch them. The kids loved them. I loved them. The best part was that one filled me up – I didn’t need more. I know, I know, it sounds revolting. But honestly, you cannot taste the beans. And they’ve got fiber! Brownies with fiber!
And fine, these aren’t things I did, but these are two of my favorite things I found recently. Sad to say they are just from people’s tumblr’s, so I don’t know where they’re from!
FOR REAL PEOPLE.

One of the teachers in my building has this quote on her wall and I happened to see it a few months ago. Suddenly it popped up all over Pinterest. Love, love, love this.

Whew, that’s 10 things. So there ya go. Peter is requesting a non-chocolate dessert try this month, which is hard because I love chocolate so that’s what I gravitate towards! But perhaps you’ll see that next month.
And now I have to look for more things to pin.


Soooo impressed! Love the marshmallow snowman. And is there such a thing as a non-chocolate dessert?!
ReplyDelete