Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Little Things

Sometimes when life is confusing I have to stop to pay attention to the little things. With my worries and anxiety I sometimes overlook them.  That’s why I do Thankful on Thursdays, but some weeks, Thursday just isn’t enough.

Sunday morning I was just kind of a jumble of emotions. Mad, sad, confused, annoyed, that a friend was dealing with a hard (understatement) situation. In my angst I loaded Logan into the car and went to Target. Because Target is known as a good distraction around these parts.

We had a fine time, it was quiet…and we went to check out and I wheeled the cart past the snack shop area. Logan immediately said, “Drink, drink!” because um, I may stop there occasionally to get a Diet Coke. I adore Diet Coke fountain drinks with ice. I stopped and got a drink and when I got just mine the woman asked Logan if he wanted one too…which is how my son ended up with a cup of ice water with a straw. I know for a fact she should have charged me for that cup, because it was a regular cup, but she didn’t…and that little cup of ice water? It totally made his day…

IMG_3978 

IMG_3979

And somehow, that woman not charging me $1.47 gave me a little faith back in the world.  We count our blessings, appreciate every sleepless night and temper tantrum. We let others know we care and are there.  And we find a way to seize those little things, every chance we get.

1 comment:

  1. Please give Logan extra hugs and kisses for me tonight....I cannot thank you enough for your support!

    ReplyDelete