So, remember one time during my pregnancy I completely just went off on this blog about people annoying me or work or some other thing that was getting to me? Well, here I go again...
**Not directed towards anyone who reads this, promise!**
I am SO OVER people asking me if Logan sleeps through the night. No, guess what, he doesn't! He sleeps a few good stretches each night but yes, he wakes up at least once (okay, that was just one time) and usually 2 or 3 times. Yes, I feed him each time because he is hungry. Yes, I am always the one who gets up because I am breastfeeding. Yes, nights like last night when he had a poopy diaper with every night feeding can be annoying...but I have a wonderful baby! While yes, I am tired, I am SO thankful I have a baby to wake up to in the middle of the night. I knew my sleep was going to take a big hit when I had a baby...and I'm okay with that! Why does everyone want to know if he sleeps through the night? I mean really, what does that tell you about my child? Do you sleep through the night? Good for you! I sure as heck don't and can't remember the last time I did, maybe when I was 10 or so? My parents would probably tell you I never have. And I'd believe them - we know I'm not a good sleeper!
In all reality, the definition of sleeping through the night is sleeping 5 - 6 hours straight. So, he actually has done that once. And my guess is it'll happen again in 5 - 6 months.
In other venting news, I went to visit work last Friday...and lots of people asked me when I was coming back. So when I told them Feb. 1 they were all like oh my, that is so soon, it's going to be so hard on you, oh no. Guess what, that doesn't make it any easier! I would love to be with Logan everyday, but am lucky enough that I get vacations and all summer with him. He is going to be okay at daycare, I am going to be okay at work (I repeat this a million times a day).
All right, vent over. In other news, we had to go to the pediatrician today because I thought we might have thrush (yeast infection from breastfeeding that would show up in his mouth or diaper area), and while he does not he does weigh 11 pounds 4 oz...HE IS A GIANT!!!! :)
People can be so annoying.
ReplyDeleteJust remember YOU are Logan's mommy and YOU know what's best for him.
You are all doing great and should be so proud of yourselves. I'm glad he doesn't have thrush, but if he did, you'd get through it. :)
I had to go back to work after 6 weeks. ONLY 6 weeks!
I'm not sure dropping your kiddo off at daycare (at any age) is an easy thing to do, so screw anyone who is negative and know that you'll make it through it.
Sorry, I know it's hard when people are rude- when people say stuff like that to me, I take it personally too but when they say it about a friend, it makes my blood boil!
This post further confirms my theory that pregnancy and babies give people oral diarrhea that makes them think they can say whatever they want/tell you how to do things. Just tune it out. He'll sleep longer when he's a little larger and his body can handle going longer without food.
ReplyDelete