Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things I Don't Want to Forget

Well, it's back to work tomorrow. I know it is going to be hard, but I also know it will get better.

Time is moving SO fast. I feel like Logan is changing every second and I want to remember every precious moment. His first 6 weeks are such a blur to me...but here are things I never want to forget, from the past 14 wonderful weeks with my family:
  • When they first put Logan on my tummy - he was SO tiny!
  • The first poopy diaper at the hospital. I know, it sounds gross, but Peter and I laughed so hard because it just kept coming and coming!
  • Peter asking the nurse, "Why does he keep crying?" during our first sleep deprived night in the hospital.
  • The first night home when I pulled the pack-n-play over to the couch so I could make sure he was breathing all night.
  • Peter and I slept with the bedside lamp on for a month - seriously.
  • My dad with Logan - melts my heart every time.
  • Grandma K's letter to us when she gave us Peter's old clothes she had knitted, for Logan to have. It was so sweet. I have an awesome mother-in-law!
  • Setting an alarm to make sure Logan got up at night to eat. I find that hillarious now!
  • The drowsy 2am smiles we got WAY before he started smiling for real. They made those long nights so worth it.
  • Peter, Logan, and I all learning to breasfeed...and Peter trying to keep himself up at 4am.
  • Peter's good night to Logan every night... "Good night my son."
  • How happy Logan is on the changing table!
  • How gigantic his clothes were in the beginning, and Peter's bright idea to put socks under his sleepers to help them fit.
  • The first time he really smiled. I was holding him on my thighs on the couch...and I melted.
  • "Milk Coma" smiles
  • My mom assuring me a million times in the beginning - there is nothing wrong, he is fine!
  • Peter cutting Logan's finger nail.
  • Our first outing to Shoppers - fail!
  • We've been to the doctor 7 times in 14 weeks...3 times in the first week!
  • Our morning talks in bed, when he is all smiles and loves to stare at the fan.
  • His smiles when he wakes up.
  • Naps on my chest - the best.
  • How much my love for my husband and son overwhelms me at times.
  • How lucky and blessed I am.
I had another friend share some great wisdom with me this weekend. M reminded me that no decision ever has to be final. We stress and worry about them as if there is no going back ever...but decisions can change as time changes. We're doing what is best for us now. And I know we will be great!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all! Have fun at school. I know you treasure the time you have with him- it's hard when you're so tired, but keep doing that. It will all work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I am cherishing every minute with my baby girl before I go back to work. Good luck at work this week...hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete