Monday, January 18, 2010

All Smiles

Well, we’ve had an interesting weekend here. We had a great visit with E, and she got to meet Logan. In the midst of all that we got to see other great friends and there were lots of laughs all around. Logan also went out to dinner for the first time (a bit of a failure) and out to lunch (went really well). 

We also had some serious bottle drama. Logan has NEVER had a problem going between breast and bottle. He got a bottle for the first time when he was 3 days old and had lots of bottles of breast  milk the first 7 days. Since then we’ve been sure to do a bottle a week, occasionally more than that. Well, I went to give him a bottle on Sunday and he wanted NOTHING to do with it. I mean, threw a fit. Of course I freaked out. He can’t reject a bottle now, he has to go to daycare so soon! Peter got him to take just a very little bit of it. So then we decided to try a bottle at the next feeding too, and poor daddy tried that one too but it just got to be too hard to hear him cry so mom took over. I completely tricked the poor child and started him off on my nipple and then put the bottle nipple in his mouth too, then pulled mine out. He took about 2.5 oz. of the bottle, so a bit of a success.  The next feeding was the same way, but he pulled off the bottle a few times for big gulps and was able to reattach fine. This afternoon I tried again and he took it completely fine, no need to trick him at all. So, fingers crossed that he has remembered the bottle now. We will be doing one a day from here until I go to work. The baby has to eat!

Here are some adorable smiles I caught today! Sorry you have to suffer through a billion of the same picture…but the grandparents will appreciate it! :)

SDC10157SDC10158 SDC10159

SDC10160

SDC10161

SDC10162

SDC10163

SDC10164

SDC10166 SDC10165

No comments:

Post a Comment