Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Work...

Advanced Warning: After rereading this it came out as sounding a bit angry....I'm not angry, but I'm just going to leave it as is cause I think it's a little humorous that I've gotten so fired up about this - PS, thanks to my favorite working mommy friend who reminded me of some of these things on the phone tonight! :)

I am in the weirdest in between time at work. I feel like I am constantly trying to get things together for my sub (who is still a fake person to me, one day I'll get to meet her) yet still maintain things for the current week. I really have no idea how much to leave the sub, because though I want her to earn her money I also do not want to come back to utter chaos. There is however one thing I can promise you...I am doing NO work during my leave. That means none. That means I'm not going to check to make sure everything is okay, or tell parents they can still email me, etc. NADA. This is Logan's time, and that's just the way it's going to be. For once, in the work and the rest of my life battle, the rest of my life, mainly my wonderful little guy, is going to win. Because guess what? At the end of 12 weeks work will still be there. And Logan will be growing like a weed. Plus, let's face it...I'm giving up my sick days and some unpaid time - the person who is getting paid is getting paid for a reason (so when you hear me worrying about work and my leave is not over, please refer me to this post to remind me).

And, let me just say for the billionth time (not directed towards anyone who actually reads this, just people in real life who keep asking me...), my last day at work will be when Logan decides to come out. Yes, I know some people think this is crazy. No, I do not want time at home to relax before he comes (please, I do not relax well). Yes, I am tired and sore every day. But as long as the doctor says it's fine, I'm still going. I want as much time as possible with the little man, and the clock starts when my sub starts.

So, let's hope my water doesn't break in front of 24 first graders.

There, vent done.

1 comment:

  1. You may still hit a point where you want to be out of school! (OR maybe that was just me since it was near the end of the year...). You're just about where I was when Cooper was born! 36.5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete