Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life is Good

The first day of school is always filled with such anticipation and nervousness. It sets the tone for the year. Though you know a little about each student individually you never quite know how they'll come together as a class. Well, this is all I have to say:

I am one happy teacher! They are a fabulous group, all very sweet and no extreme behavior issues. I say all of this while knocking on LOTS of wood. I have some low babies, but low is very easy to handle when you don't have behavior issues on top of it. I am just counting my blessings! I have a few that are chatty, chatty, chatty, but they seem to respond well to reminders and consequences, so I think all will be fine. Hopefully knowing what a good group they are will make going back after my 12 weeks with Logan a little easier!

That being said, being much more pregnant than when I left has already made a big difference this year. First, I get up right when the alarm goes off. I can't sleep any more, so I figure there's no reason to just lay there. That means I have a little more time before school starts to get some things done, and it's working well so far. My kiddos are really being great about picking things up off the floor for me (hey, it's a long way to bend down, do you know how many things end up on the floor in the course of a first grade day?) and lots of people always offer to watch my class for me to take potty breaks! BUT...good grief do my feet hurt at the end of the day. I don't really realize it until I get home after my 30 minute drive and go to get out of the car and then WOW...sore, sore feet and hips and body in general. I really need to work on sitting down a little more, but that's easier said than done with new first graders.

There is a baby swing put together in my living room...Peter gets things put together and gets so excited. I realized last night that we'll have a full term baby in 30 days. OH MY WORD!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment