Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day…8?

Well, this one was a surprise out of nowhere. We weren’t expecting the snow that our southern friends got, but we did end up with maybe a couple inches. I’ll be honest, I’m over these snow days for piddly snow. I want the BIG one. Like, the February 2010 storm. You know, 30 inches. That was great stuff. I want that for the kids – because wow, they would have SO much fun and Logan would just be in awe. But, that wasn’t today!

We did get a fun play date with Bestie and Baby Bestie out of it though! And how can we disappointed with that? We were so excited!

I didn’t follow them around with the camera, but the best picture opportunities always seem to come when we say goodbye, so I grabbed the camera. And they didn’t disappoint, especially Baby Bestie and her cuteness!

IMG_9870IMG_9878IMG_9884

I’m so glad they all love each other. Because they’re kind of stuck with each other. Winking smile We so love, love, love an extra play day with them!

I gave Logan a big talk tonight at bedtime about how proud I am of him for what a good big brother he is. Honestly, I know I talk about it a lot, but he kind of floors me with how kind he is to Aubrey. Yes, we certainly have moments where toys are taken and there are tears, but he really is the big brother that looks out for her and always is checking on her and making sure she’s okay. When we were driving today Aubrey was asking to hold my hand and I couldn’t really while I was driving so I asked Logan if he would hold her hand and he did, then he said, “Aubrey, you know, this really isn’t scary. But that’s okay, I will still hold your hand if you need me to protect you.” Love that kid.

I am for sure going to school tomorrow. I mean, as sure as I am about these snow days this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment