Oh, 2014, you snuck up on me! There was no 2013 in review post. But wow, did we have a great year. Honestly, I was in tears today because I was just so upset that it was over. Yes, I have an issue with things ending. And 2013 was so good. Our kids are at a great place – they are happy, they do fairly well going with the flow. We had a fabulous winter break. But Peter kept reminding me that 2014 could be even better.
This was us, yesterday, on the metro. We went to the Natural History Museum. And it’s not a bad pic for a group selfie! Well, I look a little crazed, but ya know, that’s me. I so, so adore these people. Adore.

So, 2014. What do you have in store for us? One of my biggest goals for 2013 was to work on the extra baby weight and I said to take time for me. I’m quite happy to report that I nailed that one. I won’t go into numbers but I worked hard and am below the weight I was when we got married. I have slacked recently though, and I need to get back to it. But I need to do little things to take care of me – put all my lotion on, little things like that.
Without further adieu, 2014 goals…
- Take care of me – body, mind, soul
- I still have dreams of grocery shopping during the week. Friday nights at 8pm? Perhaps!
- Figure out what the heck is up with our food budget. We spend WAY too much money on food, and not just out, but at the grocery store too.
- Blog when I want to, not because I have to. This is hard for me. I don’t want the blog to be a chore. I actually blogged less the past year that in 2012 and 2011. But I just don’t want to do it because I have to. I really do still like it, when I stay true to why I do it – for me.
- Actually do some stuff on my pinterest boards. I kind of love pinterest. But I pin a million things and do very little. Then it makes me feel bad. So this year I’m going to try to “do” ten pins a month. And transfer them to a “Done” board and then blog about it at the end of the month. Ten might sound like a lot, but I’m not talking huge craft project things necessarily. They could be little things, and school things count too!
- Be present. Remember to forget the rest when the kids are there.
All righty, there ya go! Let’s do this 2014 – and school…we are ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment