Monday, March 29, 2010

Road Trip

We made it back from Pittsburgh! Logan was a great traveler. He slept about half the trip both ways. We only stopped twice on the way up and once on the way back! I honestly was really surprised. He did get fussy at points, but luckily Sophie  the giraffe was there to make him feel better.

SDC10539

We had a great time in PA. The F’s are such an awesome family, and it was  a great place to go for Logan’s first full weekend. I was busy with E’s shower and bachlorette so Peter had Logan by himself for much longer than he ever has before. Plus he put him to bed by himself. This was huge because Logan has never gone to sleep without nursing.  I wasn’t worried about it because Peter puts him down for naps so I knew he would get to sleep eventually, but I was just worried that it would be tough. I left milk for them and he did awesome. He went to sleep after he had a bottle. He did wake up twice before I got home, and Peter had to warm up bottles for him. At one point he told Mr. and Mrs. F, “This really makes me appreciate what Shannon does every night!” He has always been appreciative and wanted to help, but nights have really been my thing because of nursing.  So, time with daddy was great and I know Peter really enjoyed it too.

I on the other hand, was out child free! It was pretty strange to not put him to bed and be out past 8pm. We actually did not get home until 3am. Can you believe it?

SDC10542

There we are, out on the town! No, that beer is not mine. We had a great night celebrating with E! She is going to make such a beautiful bride and I am so honored to be a part of her big day! She is awesome with Logan and he loved seeing her again.

Today was the first official day of spring break and I had an ever exciting dentist appointment. L0gan has been a bit out of sorts today, not quite himself. I think he’s ready for a quiet day at home and I am too.

My goal is to blog each day while we’re on spring break, I’ve been so slack lately! Logan wasn’t the most photogenic today, but he had on his “big boy clothes” so I have to share some pics!

SDC10545

SDC10547

SDC10549

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment