Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Um...

So I got this great new app and it turns out without holidays we are just not that exciting!

I have a story though, not about my own children.

Yesterday, when we got back from Christmas break, one of my students handed me this book and said "Merry Christmas, I got this for you."




Students often want to bring something after they see others give gifts. But look at the back of this book:




1. It appears at one time it was a library book (Bloomington Public Library!!! Indiana???)
2. It appears that after it was a library book someone then gave it as a gift. With an unfinished sentence. And the child who gave it to me is a boy, not a girl (see tag).

Let us all think about what we gave our child's teachers for Christmas. I know you people. We gave nothing at all like this. But, perspective. He soooo badly wanted to give me SOMETHING. Not the parent, the child. So he gave me this, which was honestly one of probably very few books on his shelf.

Oh my, it makes so many things look so very unimportant.

Perspective. I forget about it often, but it's the word that has been the most life changing for me over the years. I've had to learn that it doesn't mean you can't complain. Because we all need to be able to do that. But it means complaining and still acknowledging that we are so very lucky.

All right, let's just pick a random picture of my children, because this just got soooo heavy...

Flashback! Gah! (2015)






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment