Sunday, June 12, 2016

Orlando

I was going to write about the weekend, but really, I've got nothing. Because while I fret over al the "stuff" I have to do, people are out killing people with assault rifles. 

594 children have been killed by guns since Sandy Hook. 594. 

20 children were killed in an elementary school. 6 and 7 year olds. Just like the ones I teach everyday. Just like the six year old who sleeps across the hall right now. And do you know what changed? 

Nothing. America was outraged. But not outraged enough to actually do something. 

WHY is it not okay to ban assault weapons? It won't fix it? At least it will make me feel like we are DOING something. 

Wait, I think I've written this blog before. You know, I probably have - because in the almost 7 years I have been writing this blog there have been 22 mass shootings in America. 

We are better than this. 


Love has to win. It does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment