Friday, February 12, 2016

Thankful on...Friday



Oops! 

- The successful surgery and health of our M! 

- While we're at it we also get to be thankful that B is doing better too!

- Being 35. Living life and just...doing it. 

These are the pants I wore to school today. Valentine's leggings. Because it's "school" Valentine's Day and I teach first grade. Two other teachers had them too. Then a few people were like "I could never wear anything that loud on my lower half." You know what? I am so proud that I wore it and loved it. Because I've also learned that really it's about how *I* feel in my clothes. When I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt to the grocery store I know I'm not trying to win any awards...but I also feel relaxed. Today I felt good (and comfy!). So really, that's all it's about. I'm thankful I'm getting to that point. 

Also, um, someone told me last week that they talked to their therapist about me and how someone could be so happy like me all the time. Um...I just really didn't know what to say. She said it as a compliment, but I was kind of taken aback. She said she's floored that someone could work in the same profession as her, have young kids, and still seem happy all the time. Do you know what her therapist said? "You never know what her life was like before and what it took for her to get there." 

Amen to that. I just laughed and said, "yep!" Because she doesn't need to know my life story, but let us all remember that we never know the path someone has walked to get where they are. 

And I'm thankful for those of you that are on the path with me now and those of you that have been on it with me for 35 years or 24 years. Because wow, that path is some insanity!

1 comment: